Hi guys, today I’m back with a super simple, quick chickpea curry recipe that I’ve been loving recently! Fresh, healthy and perfect for midweek meals.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil/a few sprays of Frylite
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Curry powder (I use tesco medium strength masala, you can also make your own or use a paste)
- Three large/four medium sweet potatoes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pack spinach, roughly torn
- Cooked Basmati rice (use instructions on packet)
- Chop the potatoes into small chunks, add boiling water and simmer until parboiled (mostly soft).
Meanwhile, heat a medium sized wok and add the oil. Fry the onions and garlic, until the onions are softened and caramelised.
Add the curry powder. Stir for a minute and then pour in the chopped tomatoes and tomato purée. Add the parboiled potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
Pour in a 400ml can of coconut milk and season. Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 10-15 mins until the sauce has thickened.
Tip in the drained and rinsed can of chickpeas and the spinach and warm through until the spinach has wilted. Scatter over a handful of roughly chopped coriander and serve with fluffy rice.
And enjoy! This is such an easy and cheap recipe that it’s definitely going in my weekly rotation.
What’re your favourite go-to recipes? Let me know in the comments!